Miracool® Instructions and general product information
Parts Accessories Maintenance and Care
Outdoor Mist Cooling System
The ‘bigger’ kit with 6 metres of Mist Cooling, adjustable to suit any shape patio
A BASIC OUTDOOR COOLING SYSTEM FOR CONNECTION TO MAINS WATER SUPPLY.
IMPORTANT: CHECK KIT CONTENTS AND READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ASSEMBLY
Miracool® COOL KIT CONTENTS
- 8 metres of 8mm High-Pressure UV stabilised Mist Tubing to be cut to suit owner’s desired layout
- 8 x Precision Brass and Stainless Steel Misting Nozzle
- 1 x 3/4” Filter with 200 mesh Filter Cartridge (washable)
- 8 x Quick-lock Tube Coupling with Mist Nozzle Thread
- 1 x Line end Fitting to Mist Nozzle Thread
- 1 x Quick-lock Tube Elbow Coupling
- 1 x 3/4” Nut Connector to Mist Tubing
- 1 x Snap-on Hose Adaptor for connection (where required) to garden hose
- 1 x Automatic Line Drain Valve
- 22 x Mounting Saddle
Miracool® COOL KIT CONTENTS Retail Box Image
How does the Miracool system work?
The Misting Nozzles produce a very fine spray. The process of ‘flash’ evaporation removes heat from the air. The higher the pressure the smaller the droplet and the more efficient is the process.
The drier the air the more it can be cooled.
It is recommended that the Misting Nozzles be placed around the ‘open’ perimeter of the area and spaced at approximately 75cm spacing’s and some 2.4 to 3 metres above ground/floor level. This creates a cool barrier to heat and the cooler air is drawn into the area irrespective of direction of breeze.
The Automatic Drain Valve flushes a small amount of water from the line on start-up and enables the line to drain on shut-down. This reduces Calcium build-up of the nozzles. In ‘hard’ water areas a Calcium Inhibitor filter (see ‘Accessories and System Extension Parts’ BELOW) is recommended to prevent nozzle blockages from Calcium deposits. Multi-level systems or
longer-length systems may require one or more Drain Valves enabling the line to drain from low points.
Depending on system pressure and climatic conditions some moisture might not be evaporated instantly and therefore it is not recommended to place Misting Nozzles directly above furniture or other items that could be damaged by moisture or above areas where people might be expected to be situated.
CAUTION SHOULD BE EXERCISED WHERE ANY WATER MIGHT LIE ON THE GROUND AS THESE AREAS MIGHT BECOME SLIPPERY WHEN WET
INSTALLING YOUR MIST COOLING SYSTEM
- Determine the appropriate location of each Misting Nozzle and cut tube in appropriate lengths to locate the nozzles where required.
- Attach the tube to each fitting by unscrewing the nut off the fitting and running it up the tube. Place the tube over the nipple on the fitting and then run the nut back up the tube and screw it back tight on to the fitting.
- Place the Elbow Coupling with thread at the end of the line (to which you will attach the Line Drain Valve).
- Using the Nail Mounting Saddles supplied attach the tube (with a Saddle either side of each fitting) to the patio with the Nozzle facing down, unobstructed. Where the patio does not suit the use of nail saddles the tube can be secured with cable ties (on tubular frames) or with self-tapping screws and nylon ’P’ clamps (see ‘Accessories and System Extension Parts’).
- Connect the Mist Tubing to the 3/4” Nut Connector which is to be attached the Filter (with installed Filter Cartridge). The filter is attached to a 3/4” faucet or, using the Snap-on Hose Connector provided, to a garden hose fitted with Female Hose Connector (not supplied).
- Before fitting the Mist Cooling Nozzles and Drain valve turn on the Water Supply to the system and thoroughly flush the system to remove any dust, dirt or debris from the lines.
- Fit the Mist Cooling Nozzles and the Drain Valve. These should be finger-tight only, no tools should be used.
- Pressurise the system and check for any leaks.
EXAMPLE OF SYSTEM INSTALLATION
- When the system is not in use it is recommended that the line be completely drained of water by removing the 3/4” fitting from the filter. When drained replace the fitting to prevent anything from getting into the tube.
- Periodically remove the Drain Valve from the end of the line and flush the system to remove any deposits or sediment in the system.
- At the end of the season remove all the Misting Nozzles, flush the system.
- Thoroughly flush the system before re-fitting the nozzles the following season.
- Nozzles should be cleaned pre-season and periodically using Miracool Misting Nozzle Cleaner (see ‘Accessories and System Extension Parts’).
ACCESSORIES AND SYSTEM EXTENSION PARTS
The Miracool cool kit system can be extended up to a total of 25 Misting nozzles in one line. Extra tubing and fittings can be purchased to extend your system as required.
For details of your nearest stockist go to https://www.miracool.com.au/